#Earthday2018 at Expo – Together we can make a difference!
This year, Earth Day falls on the final day of Expo – April 22, 2018. We consider this a great opportunity to come together as a community and renew our commitment to decreasing the carbon footprint of our show and reducing waste. Trade shows can produce lots of waste and together we can change that. Are you attending or exhibiting at Expo 2018? Make an impact by committing to participate in one of our programs outlined below.
This #EarthDay2018, we’re doing our part to make recycling and composting options widely available. Will you join us in making the Specialty Coffee Expo a more sustainable event?
Brought to you by
SCA’s exhibitor partners are uniquely positioned to make a positive impact on the Specialty Coffee Expo’s footprint. If you’re exhibiting this year, please help us reach our goals by participating in the following:
- Food Donations: SCA has partnered with Fare Start, a local charity in the Seattle area, to make sure leftover food product from the show goes to those in need instead of landfill. Donations will be accepted on April 22, 2018 at 4 p.m. in the rear of Hall 4F (north hall) near the roll up doors and in the rear of Hall 4A (south hall) near the roll up doors. Please consider donating to ensure 100% of our food surplus doesn’t go to waste.
- No-Waste Bins: This year, Expo exhibitors will be offered no-waste bins exclusively, to ensure that 100% of our waste is properly recycled or composted. If you would like to include a composting option, please contact Freeman Customer Service.
- Share your actions: Make sure to use #CoffeeExpo2018, #EarthDay2018 and #MakeCoffeeBetter to let attendees know how you’re committing to a more sustainable expo experience and to supporting our goal of reducing our footprint as a community.
Over 10,000 specialty coffee professionals and enthusiasts travel to Expo each year. That can amount to a lot of waste if we’re not all actively choosing to make sustainable choices. Are you attending Expo as a visitor this year? Commit to one or more of the following choices. Think of the difference our collective efforts can make!
- 40+ recycling bins: Over 40 recycling bins will be available throughout the convention center to make it easy to choose to recycle. Look for the Green Team, our sustainability volunteers, if you need help finding a bin center or have questions about how to properly recycle your items
- Join the Green Team: Looking to volunteer? Join SCA’s green team and help us achieve our overall waste reduction goals through volunteerism! Here’s how to do it.
- Bring or Buy a Reusable Water Bottle: it’s important to stay hydrated at Expo, and you will undoubtedly be offered plastic water bottles at your hotel, the convention center and throughout the city. Choose to bring your own bottle (or purchase one at the SCA Store) and help reduce the amount of plastic that makes it to the landfill and into our oceans.
- Reduce Paper Waste: Ask exhibitors for digital options when collecting business cards or marketing materials and download the SCA Expo app to automatically have all our exhibitor partner info in the palm of your hand.
- Share your actions: Make sure to use #CoffeeExpo2018, #EarthDay2018 and #MakeCoffeeBetter to let other attendees know how you’re committing to a more sustainable expo experience and to supporting our goal of reducing our footprint as a community.